Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Rustic Thanksgiving



Today I am doing a little prepping for Thanksgiving.  I like to get my table linens all figured out, washed and ironed,  my centerpieces figured out,  and my flowers arranged.  I thought I would share with you a very easy and inexpensive way to brighten up your table.  So simple,  but your family will feel like you really went the extra mile...So, here is my 10 minute centerpiece...

So, first of all you will need a container. I don't have any fancy vases in my house, and frankly, they just wouldn't fit in.  This year I chose some cute storage jars that I have,  but you could use canning jars too.

Next, you will need something to cut branches with.  I would not use your good  scissors, unless you want them to never work good again.  I grabbed my pruners and headed out for some "fillers".  I chose to use Alder branches, but any kind of branches will work. I have used spruce bows, birch branches, anything close will work.  Arrange these in your container.  These will serve as the framework of your design.

Next, You will start adding your flowers. I just bought a bouquet of fall colored flowers from the grocery store.  I separated the flowers,  and divided them up between my three jars.  You want to recut the stems and remove any leaves that will be submerged.  I did this until the jars seemed full and balanced.

Next, I wanted to dress up the jars a little bit, and al least cover up the screw rings at the top.  Hmmm... I decided to just cut some strips of burlap that I had out in my garden shed, wrap them around the tops, and tie it with twine!
So, thats it! Super simple, Super cute, Super inexpensive.  Thats the thing I love about rustic...Most of the things you need to decorate with are readily available in your house, or just outside your door.  Natures Bounty <3

Ta Da! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments here :)