Monday, September 24, 2012

Comfort food for thought.

Yesterdays post left me emotionally drained, so I have decided that today I was just going to take it easy. I have a million things that I would like to be doing on these last days before the really cold weather starts, but I find myself not really motivated to do much. So, I lounged around all morning and had coffee with a dear friend and we chatted and nibbled on zucchini bread, went for a walk out in the woods, and went and visited the chicken coop and collected the tiny pullet eggs. It is amazing what gifts an old friendship can offer. After she left I began to realize that I was feeling much better. Now I am ready to tackle my green peppers, and have decided to stuff them and cook them on the grill. After that I am going to wash all the downstairs windows and I think I will call that, "good enough" for this day.

What I have learned to today is that sometimes you just have to be gentle with yourself. That when you let something big and emotional out, it can be a weight lifted off your soul, but then take time to heal. To lick your wounds and re group. Have coffee with your best friend. Nibble on zucchini bread. Take a walk in the woods.

It is these little things, that are a comfort too me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments here :)